Creating and crafting is always fun for kids. It is the best way to get to know a child better, and is great for their development. Children love to create their own works of art, whether with pencils, paints, or even legos!
Some advantages of arts & crafts:
- It stimulates the child’s creativity and imagination
- It increases the child’s confidence
- It contributes to the development of a child’s spatial awareness
- It gives children a sense of pride when they have made something themselves
- It teaches children to work with different materials
We know that it can sometimes be hard to come up with a project to undertake with the children, so we’ve prepared some quick and simple ideas for you to have a look at on our Pinterest page. Many of the activities that we recommend involve materials that you can find at home, such as paper, scissors, pencils, paint and markers, so don’t worry about having to go out to buy special materials! The activities on our Pinterest page are also suitable for toddlers, preschoolers and older children.